Everyone loves playing with slime — all that squishy fun can be great for anxiety and keeping calm under pressure among a host of other benefits. But do you have to run out to a store and buy some? Not always! There are recipes you can make at home. How about a super fluffy cloud-like one? Let’s take a look!
What You’ll Need
- ⅔ cup Elmer’s White Glue
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ cup Water
- 2 cups Shaving Cream
- 1 ½ tablespoons Equate Contact Solution
- Liquid Food Coloring
What You’ll Do
- Pour your glue into a large mixing bowl. The glue is going to be super sticky, of course, so be careful with the measuring cup and bowl you use as they will be pretty tough to clean. It may be helpful to have dedicated slime tools to prevent ending up with little bits of glue in your next meal.
- Add water and baking soda and thoroughly mix. This might be a little tough to do at first but keep mixing until it’s all smooth. It may take a while!
- Combine the mixture with shaving cream keeping sure not to get it everywhere.
- Add food coloring until you reach your desired shade. Remember that this stuff is technically dye so it can stain everything if you’re not careful!
- Now it’s time to add the contact solution. You’ll want to do this in stages! First, ½ tablespoon, then mix. Then another ½ tablespoon. At this point, you should be able to start kneading the slime. Do that for a few minutes and decide if the final ½ tablespoon needs to be added. This part can be tricky but you’ll get better results the more often you make it!
Sound like a lot of work? That’s because it is! We know how much effort goes into making this texture of slime because it’s so similar to our CLOUD option! Making slime at home can be a fun project, but we’ve got you covered if you’d rather save yourself the mess. Check out our options now to get slimy!